Virtual - Zoom
Topic: Best Practices and Insights for Driving Profitable Growth on Online Marketplaces
The online marketplace channel now sees global sales in excess of $2 trillion. Given their massive growth and attractiveness to consumers, these marketplaces – like Amazon.com – have become critically important for brands.
Key to marketplace channel success is implementing the right brand control and growth strategy. Yet, we see a great deal of confusion among brands around the best Amazon distribution strategy, how to stop freeriding sellers from taking sales and driving down brand value, and how to optimize profitable sales growth in the channel.
In this panel, leaders from Vorys eControl and Pattern will share best practices and insights for driving profitable growth in the Amazon channel by leveraging a marketplace accelerator and control strategy.
We will discuss:
- Leveraging an online marketplace accelerator partner to help manage and drive your brand’s eCommerce business.
- Expanding eCommerce footprint; international growth and moving beyond Amazon
- Holistic channel control strategies and the associated value that can be unlocked
Join us for an engaging and timely discussion as our experts deep dive into all of the above and more.
By Invitation Only
Opus Connect is a membership-based organization.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
*Opus Connect adheres to a strict no cancellations, no refunds, no application of registration fees to future events policy.
Qualified substitutions are accepted. To send a substitute, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org
**Opus Connect reserves the right to refuse entry to prospective attendees
Jeff is a senior M&A, private equity and corporate partner and chair of the Vorys private equity group. Jeff represents businesses located throughout the United States and internationally and has decades of experience in business and as a trusted advisor to company owners, boards and senior executives on domestic and international merger, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and other strategic transactions; private equity, venture capital, recapitalization and other debt and equity financings; and corporate governance and organizational matters.
Before entering private legal practice, Jeff held corporate financial management positions in both public and private companies where he supported numerous strategic transactions. Jeff has an MBA in corporate finance from the Fisher College of Business, where he was the Banc One Capital Fellow (awarded annually to the top Fisher College MBA finance student) and a member of Beta Gamma Sigma Honors Fraternity. This real-world business experience gives Jeff a unique perspective as a lawyer, which the firm, including eControl, is able to leverage. The eControl group at Vorys provides effective and efficient solutions that allow companies to protect and grow their brand value by controlling sales in the age of eCommerce.
Jeff has been published and has presented on numerous matters related to his business and legal experience. Jeff also helps lead the Vorys Initiative for Business Empowerment, an innovative program aimed at making legal services more accessible to racial and ethnic minority owned businesses.
Daren is a partner and member of the Vorys eControl team. Daren’s practice is centered on the representation of manufacturers and brands and involves the implementation of thought-leading strategies and enforcement systems both domestically and internationally, designed to protect brand value by controlling online sales. His areas of focus include: advising on online go-to-market strategies best suited to protect and grow brands, revamping outdated distribution models to support brand success, and executing legal strategies to remove unauthorized sellers and MAP violators.
Daren has extensive lead trial counsel experience in a variety of areas, including conducting litigation on behalf of brands against disruptive unauthorized resellers. Daren has been recognized by Chambers and Partners as a “Leading Lawyer” in litigation.
Recent experience highlights:
• Developing cutting-edge solutions for unauthorized seller problems that manufacturers and brands encounter on the internet
• Advising leading brands on legal strategies against unauthorized sellers both domestically and internationally
• Leading unauthorized online seller enforcement efforts for hundreds of leading manufacturers and brands, both domestically and internationally
• Leading litigation matters against disruptive, highly sophisticated unauthorized online sellers
• Advising nearly 300 leading manufacturers and brands on distribution and e-commerce channel structures and agreements – both domestically and internationally – designed to protect and grow brand value
• Implementing authorized reseller programs – both brick and mortar and ecommerce – for manufacturers and brands to help protect brand value by controlling online sales
• Implementing MAP and MRP programs and advising on related enforcement efforts
Daren obtained his J.D. from the Emory University School of Law and his B.A. from The Ohio State University.
John oversees go-to-market activities for the company and its partners. Prior to joining Pattern, John ran marketing for the Google Cloud business at Rackspace and has held a variety of global marketing roles with leading tech companies including Apple, Cisco, and Ciena. He holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management, an MSW from Columbia University, and a B.A. in Communications from Brigham Young University.